Club Re-Opening, Table Booking Details
These are the details you will need to book to attend club nights and where to find more information
Following the changes announced tonight we have been told that the club will be open in the same limited way we have done before Christmas. Unfortunately this is not the return of “Normal” Club nights, although we hope these will be possible once the next changes are announced at the end of June. There is one big change from before Christmas and it is that we have been told limited multiplayer games will be possible. Initially this will be for a maximum of 6 people and due to the restrictions for this there will initially only be 2 tables and these will be in the smaller Sindlesham room. Everything else is unchanged and summarised below:
In order to attend Club nights you will need to book in advance. To book in advance please go to the following link and fill in the information required, we need the information for Track and Trace:
Booking is possible 7 days before a club night and there are only 16 tables. Initially only bookings for club members will be approved, if you are a non club member and make a booking it will be cancelled and we will respond explaining why. If you don’t have a booking you will not be allowed into the club night.
Club nights will run from 18:30 and your game will need to finish by 22:30. This is to allow the club night manager and deputy to setup all of the tables and tidy up afterwards.
When at a Club night please be aware of the following:
- The club Night will be run by a Manager and a deputy – Both of these positions will be filled by committee members who will be in a rota. Their word on the club nights is final.
- Masks are required at a club night – This is in line with government guidance and applies unless you have a valid medical reason. You will need to bring your own mask as Winnersh Parish Council are not providing them. You are welcome to bring any other PPE e.g. gloves and visor if you wish to.
- Do not attend a club night if you are symptomatic and/or have a positive test – I hope this is common sense by now but if you are symptomatic or have had a positive test and have been told to self isolate do not attend the club. Please let the committee know if this is the case.
- Please bring Terrain where possible – There will be limited terrain available, the cupboard will be unavailable however we will put popular terrain outside.
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments – The Kitchen is closed and there will be no shop available.
- You will not be allowed to circulate to other tables – If you want to chat to another member not at your table both of you will need to go outside.
- There will be hand Sanitiser provided by Winnersh Parish Council – These are dotted throughout the building and there is cleaning supplies to sanitise tables. Please do bring your own supplies if you want them at your table.
The above Please read the guidance document that details how club nights will run and the restrictions in place – https://wargamesreading.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/WARCovid19Guidance.docx
Winnersh Parish Council have worked with us about reopening and have given us guidance on how the night needs to run. They have then approved our plan to setup club nights. If you want more information on the Government guidance that Winnersh Parish Council are working to please Click Here.
The current plan is certain to change and will either get more restricted to the point there will be no club nights or as restrictions ease we will be able to move more towards “Normal”. We will communicate changes as quickly as possible though mailing list, Facebook and the website however with Government policy changing so fast please do bear with us.
Membership for the Remainder of 2021
As per the beginning of the year announcement because the club will be reopening we are now open for those who wish to be a member for the rest of this year. If you were a member at any point last year the £20 membership fees are halved to £10. If Discounted membership is purchased and you were not a member in 2020 we will refund your order and get in contact with you.
Links to the club store for those who want to use card or PayPal are below:
We are still taking cash or bank transfer, if you would like to use one of these methods please bring cash down on the first night you attend and for bank details contact email@example.com
Warfare 2021 – Ascot Race Course 27th/28th November 2021
Warfare, our annual wargames show, is one of the largest in the country. This year, it is being held on the 27th and 28th November 20201
The Show in 2021 is moving to the Grandstand at Ascot Race Course, this move was due to Rivermead leisure centre being re-developed and the new centre will be smaller and we have out grown this location. With the new venue we will have a lot more space and will be able to expand Tournaments, traders, demo and participation games and the Bring and Buy as well as add more to the show such as buy and play areas, more space for traders to run demos of games by their stands, and expand traders to include board and card games plus other areas we currently do not cover
Entry will be £8/day (non war-gaming partners and children under 16 Free)
Also Free parking
So very exiting times ahead
Show Opening times
Saturday 10am to 5pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm
Traders will be confirmed over the year, but we expect to have more than 80 of them. In addition, our ever popular (and huge) bring and buy will be present.
There will be a number of demonstration and participation games, as well as a large range of competitions. Watch this space for details.
CAR PARKING AT ASCOT
There are from 2,000 to 8,000 car parking spaces available at Ascot Racecourse
Park in Car park 2 and 3
Ascot has special offers on Hotels see link Ascot Racecourse Hotel List
Also there are Premier inn and Travel lodge hotels within a few miles of the venue see list below
Premier Inn Bracknell Central hotel, Premier Inn Bracknell (Twin Bridges) hotel, and Premier Inn Bagshot hotel
Travelodge Bracknell Central, and Travelodge Bracknell